The Philippines has successfully completed all testing activities on the electronic exchange of ACDD.
As of December 4, 2021, the ASEAN officially announced the readiness to proceed with the live end-to-end testing. BOC has started preparations, and has informed exporters to join live-testing activities as the agency aims to join ACDD live operations by December 20 of this year.
ACDD developers are working with the DOF to resolve issues in the Live Environment of the Philippines’ ASW Gateway; ongoing developments include:
- Development of ACDD sample print-outs
- Creation of ACDD message tracking system (similar to the Electronic Certificate of Origin)
- Registration interface for the exporters prior consent
- Export Coordination Division of BOC is preparing for the consultation session with the stakeholders to review and finalize the draft of the Customs Memorandum Order on ACDD
Mentioned in the 6th NSW SC Meeting, the USAID API support includes the NSW ACDD Public Awareness Campaign Plan, which aims to support the BOC in raising the public awareness of the ASW and the ACDD exchange. USAID API has officially hired a national consultant for ASW / ACDD Public Awareness Campaign as of November 2021; the national consultant shall deliver the following activities:
- Media coverage and launch of the ACDD operation portal
- ACDD tri-fold brochures and NSW Guide Book
- Audiovisual presentations
- Session to consult with 30 primary stakeholders on the ACDD
- Virtual training for the BOC ports
The NSW TWG endorsed the proposed technical assistance from the USAID ASEAN Policy Implementation Project on the development of technical reference guidelines for NSW and BOC.